Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to raise a certain amount of money?
A- No, as long as you come on the hike and we can take "promotional" pictures, then we are happy.
2. When do you stop collecting donations for our Hike for Hunger?
A- We will close all donations 1- month after the hike, November 12, 2013
3. Who do people make checks out to?
A- Merrimack Valley Food Bank
4. If I collect money in person, who do I give it to and when?
A- All money collected prior to the hike can be given to the Hiking Hearts represenative the morning of the October 12th hike. All money collected following the hike can be mailed to the Hiking Hearts at 205 Farrwood Drive Haverhill, MA 01835. A team donation will be made after November 12, 2013.
5. Why the Merrimack Valley Food Bank?
A- We did a google search for food banks in the Boston area- we liked what the Merrimack Valley Food Bank stood for. After a conversation with the staff we decided they are a perfect match - they were really nice, supportive, and appreciative.
6. If the company I work for gives a donation can they have a letter stating so?
A- Yes we will work with the Merrimack valley Food Bank to draft a tax letter. The Hiking
Hearts is not a recognized non-profit organization therefore we cannot
write any letters for tax purposes.
7. How will you know who donated for me if they donate online?
A- There is an option that folks can fill out to state who they are donating for. If they
miss that option, then I will only have an email address to go by.
8. I heard PayPal has an administrative fee?
A- You heard correctly. For every $1.00 someone donates, PayPal gets .29 cents. Until we get an actual fundraising computer program, we will work through PayPal.
9. I have more questions about your FAQ's?
A- Contact Us
HIKE FOR HUNGER PARTICIPANT CENTER
Thank you for being a part of the 2013 Hike for Hunger!
Merrimack Valley Food Bank
Meet Our Sponsors